If you are currently receiving NSW JobSaver, you will now need to reconfirm your eligibility each fortnight starting from 13 September 2021 to continue receiving payments.
What you need to reconfirm
Each fortnight, you will need to reconfirm that you:
- continue to experience a decline in turnover of 30% or more; and
- have maintained your employee headcount stated in your original application.
If you do not reconfirm, your payments will automatically cease.
Confirming your decline in turnover
- You will not need to provide any additional evidence when reconfirming your eligibility. However, it is essential that you maintain adequate records to show evidence of your eligibility in the event of an audit.
- If your business was not trading during the relevant fortnight, you do not need to perform a decline in turnover calculation. You can simply select ‘yes’ on the confirmation screen to indicate that your business has continued to experience a decline in turnover of at least 30%.
- If your business was trading during the relevant fortnight you will need to perform a decline in turnover calculation to confirm that your business continues to meet the 30% or more decline in turnover.
- Becoming ineligible for one fortnight does not disqualify a business from becoming eligible again in a future fortnight where your business meets the eligibility conditions.
- You can delay your reconfirmation if, for example, you need to finalise your month-end accounting records. You can reconfirm for multiple fortnights in one go. Your MyServiceNSW Business Profile will show you the fortnights for which confirmation is still required.
There are three potential options you can use but whichever method you use, you will need to use the same method for each subsequent fortnight.
- Option 1 – use the same comparison year but adjust the comparison period to match the current fortnight being tested
For example, if you initially compared the period of 26 July to 8 August 2021 to 26 July to 8 August 2019, and you are now reconfirming your eligibility for the period of 13 September to 26 September 2021, then your comparison period is 13 September to 26 September 2019. The comparison period you use each fortnight will them change.
- Option 2 – use the same comparison year and comparison period that you used in your original application
For example, if you initially compared the period of 26 July to 8 August 2021 to 26 July to 8 August 2019, and you are now reconfirming your eligibility for the period of 13 September to 26 September 2021, then your comparison period remains 26 July to 8 August 2019. This comparison period will remain fixed for all future periods.
If the comparison period used in the initial application was more than 2 weeks (for example, a 3-week period, 4-week period or 5-week period), then it must be converted to a fortnightly amount by dividing by the number of days in the period and multiplying by 14.
- Option 3 – if you originally used 12 June to 25 June 2021 as the comparison period, then you must continue to use this comparison period
For example, if you initially compared the period of 26 July to 8 August 2021 to 12 June to 25 June 2021, and you are now reconfirming your eligibility for the period of 13 September to 26 September 2021, then your comparison period remains 12 June to 25 June 2021. This comparison period will remain fixed for all future periods.
Your employee headcount was noted on your original application.
JobSaver requires your business to maintain this same headcount to qualify to receive payments unless the employee is no longer employed due to circumstances outside of your control, such as resignation, death or where you have fairly terminated the employee because of misconduct.
If your full time, part time or long-term casual employees, have been stood down, they are still included in the headcount. During a stand down the employment relationship remains (their role has not been terminated), the employee is not paid (unless they are taking paid leave), and they continue to accrue annual leave.
If you have any questions in relation to the above, please contact us at Calibre Business Advisory. We can assist you in evaluating your position and available support payments and grants for your business and assist with any applications. Alternatively, do not hesitate to contact us on 0292612177.